The Services are intended for general audiences and are not intended for individuals younger than the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals younger than the age of 13.
Information We Collect About You
You may provide Follett with "Personal Information" (which is information that can be used to contact or specifically identify an individual, such as your full name, mailing address, mobile number, and email address), account information (such as a password or other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your account) and demographic or other information (such as your gender, age or birthdate, zip code and information about your interests and preferences). We will also collect payment information (typically, credit card account information) if you choose to purchase products or services through the Services. And, when you make a purchase or otherwise transact with Follett, whether online or offline, we will retain information regarding those purchases and transactions, such as products purchased, location of purchase, and how frequently you buy. Any information combined with Personal Information will be treated as Personal Information.
Community Forums and User Content
Follett provides the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, through interactive features and through other communication functionality ("Community Forums"). You may choose, through such features or otherwise, to submit or post reviews, photographs, videos, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, (collectively, "User Content"). Please note that certain information, such as your name, may be publicly displayed on the Services along with your User Content.
Information the Services Automatically Collect or Process
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics providers and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information whenever you access and use the site ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include the type of device you are using to access the site, the areas of the site that you access or use, and the time of day you used the site, among other information. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for any mobile phone, tablet or other device you may use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned or connected to the device you use to access the site, and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. Some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the site. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
The methods used to collect Usage Information may include the following:
Cookies. A cookie is a data file, which we place on a device when it is used to visit the site or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences, tracking your visits to our web pages, and for displaying offers related to your prior activity using Follett Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plugin that may be built in to or downloaded by you to your device. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation, enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, some features of the Services may not function properly.
Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as "1x1 GIFs" or "clear GIFs") may be included in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or e-mail can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the site, to monitor how users navigate Follett Services, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
Functionality on the Services may permit interactions that you initiate between the Services and a third-party web site or service ("Social Features"). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to "like" or "share" content from the Services to other web sites or services or to "like" or "share" our page on a third-party service; to log in using your username and password for a third-party site or service; and to otherwise connect the Services to a third-party web site or service. If you choose to share content or to otherwise post information through the Services to a third-party site or service, or vice versa, that information may be publicly displayed. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party platform that references a Follett product (e.g., by using a Twitter hashtag associated with a Follett brand product in your tweet), your post may be published on our Services. Also, both Follett and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Services and the third-party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third-party web site give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third-party web site or interactive service.
How Follett Uses Your Information
Any information you provide or that is collected by Follett may be combined with any other information you provide to us or that we collect through the Services or otherwise. Follett may use the information it collects or receives, including Personal Information and Usage Information:
- To allow you to participate in features we offer or to provide related customer service including, without limitation, to respond to your questions, complaints or comments;
- To tailor content, recommendations and offers we display or otherwise provide to you;
- To confirm or fulfill an order you have made or authorize or complete a transaction you have requested;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested or agreed to receive or that we otherwise believe will interest you, either on behalf of Follett or third parties, and which may include advertisements or special offers;
- To provide you with location features and services (e.g., allowing you to "check in" at a store or telling you about local deals and events);
- To process your registration, including verifying that information you provide is active and valid;
- To improve the Services and our products and for internal business purposes, analyzing usage of our Services and purchase of our products;
- To contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to our policies for the Services;
- To enforce applicable agreements and policies for the Services; and
How Follett Shares Your Information
Follett may share your information in the following cases:
- With Affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers: Follett may disclose your information to our affiliates and third-party service providers. Third-party service providers are not authorized by Follett to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on Follett's behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- With Your Consent: Follett may share your information with other third parties with your consent.
- To Prevent Harm or Loss: Follett may disclose information when we believe, in our sole discretion, disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Non-Personal Information. We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information and Usage Information with third parties, including advertisers, content providers, and analytics providers, and third parties may collect non-Personal Information when you download or use the Services.
- Service Providers. We may use third parties to perform certain services on our behalf, such as fulfilling and processing orders, tracking analytics, or performing other administrative services. We may provide these companies with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions. If you choose to enter a promotion, Personal Information, such as your name and shipping address, may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion's official rules, such as on a winners list.
Third Party Applications/Websites
We take commercially reasonable security measures to secure the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of electronic transmission or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you submit and you do so at your own initiative and risk.
Consent To Transfer
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States or another country. By using the Services, or providing us with any information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States, or another country other than your own, jurisdictions in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
How to Contact Us
Privacy Statement Changes
This Privacy Statement may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different than those described in this statement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this Privacy Statement. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check our website periodically or contact us as described above to obtain a current copy of this statement. We urge you to request and review this Privacy Statement frequently to obtain the current version. Your continued provision of personal information, purchase of products or use of our services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This privacy statement is effective as of March 5, 2014.